This Pan-L-Screw is an alloy steel pan head screw with machine threads, TORX® recess and has zinc plating. The screw head is colored with a thermosetting coating and has a captive nylon washer molded in a matching color.
Please see the data sheet for more information and size options.
This Pan-L-Screw is an alloy steel pan head screw with machine threads, TORX® recess and RoHS/REACH compliant zinc plating. The screw head is colored with a thermosetting coating and has a captive nylon washer molded in a matching color.
Please see detailed specifications for more information and size options.
1. The one piece screw and captive washer simplifies handling, installation and removal of attachment hardware.
2. Attachment hardware, color-matched with the mounting surface eliminates distraction from the information display by blending with the background.
3. Screw heads are formed by cold forging, followed by a heat treating process which increases the basic tensile strength of the material. The resultant high tensile strength thus eliminates burring and yield of the
substrate under the coating material.
4. The thermosetting coating material used in combination with the relatively hard screw heads is resistant to abrasion and screwdriver damage. This feature virtually eliminates the need for touch-up painting after assembly.
5. The nylon washer provides a resilient cushion to protect the finished surface of panels and equipment.
6. A self-locking feature to prevent vibration from loosening the screw is achieved by the compression effect of the nylon washer between the screw head and the panel.
7. A seal for moisture, low pressure gases and vapors can be affected between the screw head and the panel surface by the compression of the nylon washer.
1. TORX® is a registered trademark of Camcar Textron.
2. The screws listed in this series reflect high quality with emphasis on the forming of the TORX® recess to meet design specification.
3. Care should be exercised to assure that the screwdriver tools meet the same quality and design specification in order to eliminate mismating and subsequent damage to the drive recess and coating material.
4. The thread diameters and lengths listed in the table are industry standard sizes. Inventory levels of these sizes may vary at any one time due to customer demands and lead time necessary for production. Lengths not listed are also available on order.
5. For color-coated screw less washer, omit the letter P from the head type code.
1. Screws are in accordance with ASME Standard No. B18.6.3, Recessed Head Machine Screws, except for recess.
2. Screws are stocked zinc plated per ASTM B633, Class SC1, Type II.
3. Threads are in conformance with H-28 Federal Handbook for threads.
4. Pan-L-Screws are suitable for applications with temperatures up to 250°F.
5. Washer color is achieved by molding with pigmented nylon per ASTM D4066.
6. Screw head coating and washer colors are matched to customer requirements. We recommend selection from FED-STD-595 whenever possible but we are also prepared to match customer-furnished color chips or samples.